Home > Departments > Character & Citizenship Education
Character & Citizenship Education
'Leaders of Character and Concerned Citizens'
'To nurture every child in a gracious environment'
'We Care & Every Child Matters'
'We want our pupils to be Leaders of Character and demonstrate our Character Values - EnR³ICH – Excellence, Respect, Responsibility, Resilience, Integrity, Care and Harmony. Pupils should also be effective in managing themselves, relationships, have self and social awareness and be able to make responsible decisions'
- Orientation programme on the first 2 days of the year
- Social and Emotional Learning through Form Teachers' Guidance Period
- Values Education & Linguistic Skills (VELS)
- Growing Years Series on Sexuality Education (P5 & P6)
- P1/P4&P5 Buddy programme
- Assembly programme on character development and lifeskills
- Road Safety programme
- Motivation Workshop (P5 & P6)
- Counselling programme
- Workshop/Talks on transition to secondary school
- Family Matters @ School programme for parents and pupils in support of our character education programme
- Values in Action (ViA) programme
- Field-based learning journeys on citizenship education
- National Education core events (Total Defence Day, International Friendship Day, Racial Harmony Day, National Day)
- International Students' Integration programme
- Special Needs programme for pupils with Learning needs
- Temasek Polytechnic-BP Tutoring & Mentoring Programme (P2 & P3)
- MENDAKI Youth-in-Action programme for at-risk pupils (P4 - P6)
- Leadership programme for ALL pupils
- Overseas Educational Tour for P5 pupils
- Overseas Leadership trip for CCA and Student leaders.
RECOGNITION & REWARDS:
- Model pupils of the term
- MOE Edusave Character Award (ECHA)
- MOE Edusave Awards for Achievement, Good Leadership and Service (EAGLES) award for outstanding contribution and leadership
- JYPS Character award
- Leadership roles e.g. Prefects, Class Monitors, Subject Monitors etc
All the programmes planned by the Character & Citizenship Education Department ensures that by the end of 6 years in JYPS, every pupil will be able to:
*be able to distinguish right from wrong
*have learnt to share and put others first
*be able to build friendship with others
*have a lively curiosity about things
*take pride in their work and
*have cultivated healthy habits